Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm A Survivor!

It's surprising and profound how I actually managed to survive Christmas this weekend. I haven't got the chance to mention this before, thanks to all the numerous meetings I had to attend. I was the official (my name was printed as the photog in the itinerary) photographer for my school club's one-day camp (more like an activity day) and gathering. I had to cover for the whole day's event which started at 9a.m. and ended at 10p.m.. I was dreading this whole thing since the beginning of the week, when I was told by the club pompous president with his ridiculous sardonic tone! I wasn't sure if I could do the job well and you know, the self-esteem issue. To top that, the club took the liberty to hold numerous meetings all over the week, disregarding the fact that it was the final week of school!

So this entire has been a stressful one for me, juggling between house chores and club meetings, battling for time, almost everyday. You should know me by now that I get worried very easily - especially over small matter that doesn't require any second thoughts. I think I got this from mom! Damn it. As I've said before, I used to be the sleeping member (and still am) of every club and every society I joined in school. I was never bothered to attend any events, meetings or activities held by the club or society. Except for the scouting movement I joined when I was in Form 1 till Form 3. I was active in that. But other than that, I'd only make up lies to squirm my way through these feeble occasions. In shorter terms, I suck at my extra curricular activities (not that my academic is doing any better).

Today, I'm glad (and a little proud) that I didn't eve
n try to skip any of the events. It kind of proves that I was able to face through all the things I used to dread. It's like facing the music - only this time, it's not trouble. It's just extra work on a Saturday. Spent the entire Saturday firing my shutter in school. I had to run all over the different parts of school, covering different games at different times. Later, I had a short break from 5p.m. to go back and have a quick shower to make it for my lector's photoshoot. Initially, I was allowed to go back for that which was after mass, but since I was allowed home at 5p.m., I managed to attend mass as well. Killing two birds with one stone! I went back to school, after the short photoshoot, to cover for the night's gathering.

Apart from the sore feet I got at the end of the day, I realized that shooting in low light conditions aren't easy (I worked with an ISO of 200 and above!). Given that I do not have any external flash or anything else for that matter, I had to walk right up to the performers to take pretty unsightly shots of what's happening. Not to mention the awkward stares I get from the stands (my ears were practically burning hot!). Other than that, I was quite satisfied with an honest day's work. Well, I'm just happy that I pulled through the entire week without much complaining!

No comments: