Sunday, December 24, 2006

Eve Excitement.

It's Christmas Eve, everybody and I just woke up at precisely 4 a.m., took a shower and have dressed up to attend mass on later at 7 a.m.. I don't know what it was that woke me up, though. Was it the excitement that Christmas is finally here after a whole year's worth of wait? Or was it the heat and warmth of the night that woke me up from sleep? Because I woke soaking wet and with face greasy and all. Not a pretty sight, I tell you. Or maybe it's the sheer nervousness that I still have in me, knowing that I have to read later on during mass? Hell, I've been one in the Lectors Ministry of my church for about 3 years now and I still get nervous whenever the week I'm rostered approaches. Was actually reluctant to go back to sleep, knowing it'll be an ass for mom to wake me up later at 5.30 a.m.. No harm in starting the day early, right? It's Christmas Eve and everybody is back. There'll be our annual gathering tonight at poh poh's. There'll be our caroling. We're gonna collect the turkey, later today (yeah, we're technically incapable of whipping up one ourselves!). Mom and akak are busy preparing food for tonight and tomorrow, something sweet, I assume. Oh, how merry! A long day ahead for everyone! Till then!

No comments: